French Maid SPECIFICATIONS
Name: French Maid
Home Port: Mathews, VA (Mathews Yacht Club, Hudgins, VA)
Owner: French Maid, LLC
Mfg/Country: Jeanneau/Les Herbiers, France
Model: Sun Odyssey 509
Year Built: 2012
Commissioned: Dec. 2012, Annapolis, MD, Bay Yacht Agency
LOA: 50' 6" Hull painted with AWL-Grip
2000 Flag Blue.
Max Height: 72' Above water line
Draft: Shoal draft 5' 8" fin keel
Beam: 15' 5"
Engine: 75 HP Yanmar, 250A alternator, Deisel with Sail Drive and a 18"
Gori folding prop and
Fuel Tank: 63 US gallon fuel tank
Generator: 9 KW separate from engine, with 2800w inverter,
charger, 110A alternator
Fresh Water: 163 Gal In two tanks
HVAC: Two 16K BTU HVAC units. HVAC available while at
sea. When sailing in cold weather the HVAC operates as a heater. (Must run generator)
Shore power: One US inlet with 50 amp,240VAC/60HZ cable and twin 30 amp "Y" connector; One Euro inlet with 16 amp,250VAC,50Hz connector at boat
other end must be fitted for the country's service
- Berthing for eight people in queen-size berths. Owner's stateroom forward with two aft and a Salon Convertable berth. The owner's stateroom has a dressing table and a
private head. The aft berths share the aft head.
- The owner's cabin and Salon are equipped with 120 VAC for hairdryers (two are provided), curling irons, AC and DC equipment charging, etc.
- All hatches have light-blocking shades, bug screens, and ventilation ports.
- All portholes have light-blocking shades.
- There are hotel safes in each stateroom to secure valuables. Please leave open on departure
- All staterooms have hang-up closets and clothing storage.
Heads and Showers
- Two with shower dividers, pressurized hot/cold water and heads with electric fresh and saltwater flush. One in owner's stateroom and one aft.
- Shower aft at the starboard helm station
- 6 + 2 All Staterooms are queen size double berths. A spare berth in salon ~ dining table converts to a queen-size berth. Great for kids or last-minute
- Room for two cooks
- Two refrigerators with front access, one of which also has top access.
- One freezer with top access.
- Sink with hot/cold pressurized water and two bowls
- Cutting board, dish drain rack, full assortment of cooking equipment for cooking simple to gourmet meals. All cook ware is non-stick but still requires seasonong
with oil, and use of silicone "tools"-never metal. Cutlery and dishware for eight. Coffee pot/percolator and K-cup Kurig
- One microwave useable in port and at sea.
- One propane stove, roll stabilized, and pot holders,with three burner cook top and oven with 2 propane tanks.
- One propane BBQ (attached to aft rail) for all your grilling.
Dining and Entertaining
- Salon table for six; folding top for easier seating that lowers to convert to a double berth.
- Separate lounge area with bar drawer for bottles and small table.
- 42" 3D, WiFi, 1080P HD Smart TV (Netflix, HULU, etc.- these services are only available when you have access to high-speed data like in the US, not in the Caribbean)
HDTV antenna for local programming, best for coastal US sailing. Bring your own active shutter 3D glasses or use the ones onboard. Display your cruise and other photos and
downloaded movies via the TV USB ports or via WiFi/Bluetooth connection. Please feel free to bring your own DVD/CD's (US format). We try to add to our
collection each year. Please leave all the French Maid DVDs and provided equipment onboard for the next guests. Feel free to contribute to the collection.
- Blue Ray DVD/CD player, note that these use the US format.
- Stereo Bose speakers. Cockpit speakers
- Internet-capable if within range of a WiFi hotspot. The Internet at sea in BVI is hit or miss. and is at best OK for email and limited data. You can use ALG Link in
the BVIs as a paid service.
- Nav charts and your GPS track can be displayed on TV to follow your itinerary.
- DVD/MP3 and USB connections are available
- Operable hatches for additional ventilation. Donot open while underway
- Two air conditioning units (and heat for cold climate cruising); fans in staterooms and salon.
- Sunshades and insect screens in all hatches.
- Two air scoops for extra ventilation when air conditioning is off and while at anchor.
- Stabilizin sail to reduce anchor/moring swinging
- Chart table with parallel rule and dividers; Charts and cruising guide provided.
- Three Ray Marine E95 chart plotters, one per helmand one at the Nav station: Two Ray Marine i70 displays for relative wind, speed, water temp, depth indicator,
heading: one per helm.
- New Evolution Auto pilot holds on compass heading, GPS track or relative wind angle (great to sail lifts and headers). Includes auto tacking.
- Ray Marine AIS identification and tracking system and will give you time and distance to CPA of other AIS equipped ships/boats.
- Your friends and relatives at home can track your cruise itinerary at www.marinetraffic.com when in range of an AIS/VHF internet connected station, and at www.PredictWind.com
- New VHF radio with mic in cockpit and a backup portable hand held VHF
- SiriusXM Marine weather (service not available in the BVI only Coastal US)
- PredictWind Sat comm weather routing and Navigation, world-wide coverage.
- New Battery monitoring system
- Fuel and water monitoring
- Bilge High water alarm
- USCG Navigation, deck and anchor lighting and day shapes for motor sailing and anchoring
- LED and Halogen lighting in staterooms, heads and salon. Three fans in Salon have red night lighting
- 12' RIB, Hypalon dinghy for six with an 18 HP Tohatsu (Nissan) outboard motor; 6 gal fuel tank; two oars; anchor and rode; bow locker; bailer; hand air pump;
boat/motor lock and cable.
- Two throw-able life Sling; 8 adult Type 1 life jackets, USCG approved, (bring your own infant/child life jacket that will fit them properly).
- One sea anchor/drogue chute for inclement weather (Not installed yet)
- Three fire extinguishers (manual activation)
- Engine fire suppression (automatic-Fire Bouy)
- CO (carbon monoxide) monitor below deck
- Engine low oil shut-down
- Electric automatic bilge pumps, Manual bilge pumd port side cockpit
- Emergency tiller
- Emergency flares
- First Aid kit
- Bosun's chair
- Spinnaker halyard and boom topping lift for bosun's chair or MOB (man overboard) retrieval
- Boom vang
- MOB marker on E95 chart plotters
- Most running rigging lines are covered to reduce tripping hazards. Not found on most boats
Deck and Sails
- 1227 SF of sails (not set up for racing-no large genoa, no spinnaker)
- New Main with in-mast furling for quick reefing
- New Short overlapping jib with roller furling for quick reefing and tell-tails for efficient sailing. One overhauled Jib for backup.
- Two winches on coach roof: one is 2-speed electric. All lines are labeled.
- Two Main/jib/genoa two-speed electric winches aft in the cockpit
- Two winch handles for manual operation
- One electric anchor windlass
- Two anchors with 400 ft. 3/8 inch galvanized chain that are marked every 25' and 100'. and 100 3/4 line. Second anchor has 125 rode. Reference card in chain locker
for depth marking.
- Pressurized freshwater/salt water washdown hose at the bow
- 7 covered fenders and two fender-boards. This boat has no rub rails, therefore, fender-boards must be used when docking against
- Five dock lines and one mooring bridle and one anchor bridal
- two telescoping boat hooks
- Transom shower with hot/cold pressurized fresh water
- Twin helms each with complete nav equipment: magnetic compass, Ray Marine E95 chart plotter, Evolution autopilot instruments. Windex, and relative wind
instruments, Speed, dedpth and water tempuature transducer all tied to the NEMA 2000 data bus.
- Engine throttle and bow thruster controls
- 50 AMP shore power cable and 30 AMP twin "Y" connector (used when the dock pedestal only has dual 30 AMP service.)
- 16 AMP shore cable for European 250 VAC/ 50Hz connections (Must buy the connector from the marina where docked).
- Bucket with line and brush, dustpan and broom to keep boat clean.
- Textelene cockpit seat cushions
- Four Blue Adjustable seat cushions
- Large folding teak cockpit table
- Electric swim platform with swim ladder
- Teak cockpit deck and non-slip fiberglass exterior deck, which is cooler for walking and sunbathing.
- Full bimini and dodger
- US Flag and Staff.