French Maid SPECIFICATIONS
Name: French Maid
Home Port: Mathews, VA
Owner: French Maid, LLC
Mfg/Country: Jeanneau/Les Herbiers, France
Model: Sun Odyssey 509
Year Built: 2012
Commissioned: Dec. 2012, Annapolis, MD, Bay Yacht Agency
LOA: 50' 6" Hull painted with AWL-Craft
2000 Flag Blue.
Max Height: 72' Above water line
Draft: Shoal draft 5' 8" fin keel
Beam: 15' 5"
Engines: 75 HP Yanmar Sail Drive Diesel with a Gori folding prop and
gallon fuel tank
Generator: 9 KW separate from engine, with 2800w inverter,
charger, 110A alternator
HVAC: Two 16K BTU HVAC units. HVAC available while at
- Three state rooms with queen size berths. Owner's stateroom forward with other two aft. Owner's stateroom has a dressing table.
- Owner's cabin and Salon are equipped with 120 VAC for hair dryers, curling irons, equipment charging, etc.
- All hatches have light-blocking shades, bug screens, and ventilation ports.
- All portholes have light-blocking shades.
- There are hotel safes in each stateroom to secure valuables.
- All staterooms have hang-up closets and clothing storage.
- Two with shower dividers, pressurized hot/cold water and electric fresh and salt water flush. One in owner's stateroom and one aft.
- 6 + 2 All Staterooms are queen size double berths. Spare berth in salon ~ dining table converts to a queen size double berth. Great for kids or last minute
- Room for two cooks
- Two refrigerators with front access, one of which also has top access.
- One freezer with top access.
- Sink with hot/cold pressurized water.
- Cutting board, dish drain rack, full assortment of cooking equipment for cooking simple to gourmet meals. Cutlery and dishware for eight. Coffee
- One microwave useable in port and at sea.
- One propane stove, roll stabilized, with three burner cook top and oven with 2 propane tanks.
- One propane BBQ (attached to aft rail) for all your grilling.
Dining and Entertaining
- Salon table for six; folding top for easier seating that lowers to convert to a double berth.
- Separate lounge area with bar drawer for bottles and small table.
- 42" 3D, WiFi, 1080P HD Smart TV (Netflix, HULU, etc.- these services are only available when you have access to high speed data like in the US, not in the BVI) HDTV
antennae for local programming, best for coastal US sailing. Bring your own active shutter glasses or rent from the BVI Yacht Charters. Display your cruise and other photos and
downloaded movies via the TV USB ports or via WiFi/Bluetooth connection. Please feel free to bring your own DVD/CD's (US format). We try to add to our
collection each year.
- Blue Ray DVD/CD player, note this these use the US format, WiFi.
- Stereo Bose speakers. Cockpit speakers
- Internet capable if within range of a WiFi hotspot. Internet at sea in BVI is hit or miss. and is at best OK for email and limited data.
- Nav charts and your GPS track can be displayed on TV to follow your itinerary.
- DVD/MP3 and USB connections are available
- Operable hatches for additional ventilation.
- Two air conditioning units (and heat for cold climate cruising); fans in staterooms and salon.
- Sun shades and insect screens in all hatches
- Two air scoops for extra ventilation when air conditioning is off.
- Chart table with parallel rule and dividers; Charts and cruising guide provided.
- Two Ray Marine E95 chart plotters, one per helm; Two Ray Marine ST 70 displays for relative wind, speed, water temp, depth indicator, heading: one per
- Auto pilot holds on compass heading, GPS track or relative wind angle (great to sail lifts and headers). Includes auto tacking.
- Ray Marine AIS identification and tracking system and will give you time and distance to CPA of other AIS equipped ships/boats.
- Your friends and relatives at home can track your cruise itinerary at www.marinetraffic.com when in range of an AIS/VHF internet connected station, and at www.PredictWind.com
- VHF radio with mic in cockpit
- SiriusXM Marine weather (service not available in the BVI)
- PredictWind Sat comm weather routing and Navigation, world-wide coverage.
- Battery monitoring system
- Fuel and water monitoring
- USCG Navigation, deck and anchor lighting
- LED and Halogen lighting in staterooms, heads and salon
- 12' RIB, Hypalon dinghy for six with an 18 HP Tohatsu (Nissan) outboard motor; fuel tank; two oars; anchor and rode; bow locker; bailer; hand air pump;
- One throw-able life ring; 8 adult life jackets, USCG approved, (bring your own infant/child life jacket that will fit them properly).
- One sea anchor/drogue chute for inclement weather (Not installed yet)
- Three fire extinguishers (manual activation)
- Engine fire suppression (automatic)
- CO (carbon monoxide) monitor below deck
- Engine low oil shut-down
- Electric automatic bilge pumps
- Emergency tiller
- Emergency flares
- First Aid kit
- Bosun's chair
- Spinnaker halyard and boom topping lift for bosun's chair or MOB (man overboard) retrieval
- Boom vang
- MOB marker on E95 chart plotters
- Most running rigging lines are covered to reduce tripping hazards. Not found on most boats
Deck and Sails
- 1227 SF of sails (not setup for racing-no large genoa, no spinnaker)
- Main with in-mast furling for quick reefing
- Short overlapping jib with roller furling for quick reefing and tell-tails for efficient sailing.
- Two winches on coach roof: one is 2 speed electric. All lines are labeled.
- Two jib/genoa two-speed electric winches aft in cockpit
- Two winch handles for manual operation
- One electric anchor windlass
- Two anchors with 300 ft. 3/8 inch galvanized chain that are marked every 25' and 100'. Reference card in chain locker for depth marking.
- Pressurized fresh water wash down hose at bow
- Four covered fenders and two fender-boards. This boat has no rub rails therefore fender-boards must be used when docking.
- Five dock lines and one mooring bridle
- One telescoping boat hook
- Transom shower with hot/cold pressurized fresh water
- Twin helms each with complete nav equipment: magnetic compass, Ray Marine E95 chart plotter, ST 70 instruments.
- Engine throttle and bow thruster controls
- 50 AMP shore power cable and 30 AMP twin "Y" connector (used when the dock pedestal only has dual 30 AMP service.)
- Bucket with line and brush, dust pan and broom to keep boat clean.
- Textelene cockpit seat cushions
- Large folding teak cockpit table
- Electric swim platform with swim ladder
- Teak cockpit deck and non-slip fiberglass exterior deck, which is cooler for walking and sunbathing.
- Full bimini and dodger